Senior Tax Associate – Portland, Maine
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team who gets into the accounting stuff? Are you a confident take-charge person who gets things done? Do you welcome a new challenge and say “YES!!” when you accomplish it? Do you thrive in a team environment where employee’s ideas and strategies are welcome and encouraged, because, you know that we care and we listen? Your work/life balance is important to us, we care!
Purdy Powers & Company is a leading and forward thinking accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Portland, Maine. We are going places and are dedicated to serving the needs of mid-size companies, that’s what we do best! Our goal is for our team members to help our clients grow to their potential by providing business services that deliver results. “YES!!” If our clients look good, then we look good too! We are looking for exceptional candidates who also want to grow to their potential and would like to be part of our fast-paced entrepreneurial accounting firm. We are located in the heart of the Portland Old Port area, an exciting place to be, certainly an added bonus.
If this describes the kind of firm you would like to join as an important team member, we invite you to visit our Web site @ www.purdypowers.com. Check it out!
Purdy Powers & Company is seeking a dynamic Senior Tax Associate for our Tax Team in the Portland office. The Tax Associate will be responsible for preparing tax returns for clients in various industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In this exciting role you will advise clients on a full spectrum of tax services including planning, research and compliance.
• Coming from a strong accounting background you will prepare and/or review tax returns for corporation, flow-through entities and individuals. Because, you know, that’s what we do best.
• Senior Associates will consult on a variety of tax issues and carry out the related research. We dig in and roll up our sleeves.
• Proactively interact with key client management to make business and tax recommendations. Communications and teamwork are critical to our client’s growth and success.
• Supervise, train/develop and assess the performance of Tax Associates. We are all part of the team, that’s how we learn and grow.
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards—remember we provide services that deliver results.
• Perform other accounting and tax compliance related tasks as assigned so our clients will prosper and because we care!
• Our team members look at the big picture and think outside the box.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Three-plus years of accounting and tax experience with a public accounting firm
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
• Master's of Science Degree in Taxation a plus
• CPA license a plus
• Strong tax compliance and accounting skills
• Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
• Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadline in a high-energy environment
• Strong leadership ability with a positive team player attitude
• Highly competitive salary
• 401(k) & Employer Contributed Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Life Insurance, LTD Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holiday Time, Personal Time and Paid Parking (Free Parking in Portland)
• Educational reimbursement
• Flexibility to work from home
• Team lunches and socials
Purdy Powers & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would love to hear from you, please send a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Jane Bopp, Human Resources Director
Purdy, Powers & Company
130 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101