Senior Tax Associate
Purdy Powers & Company is a leading accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Portland, Maine dedicated to serving the needs of mid-size companies. Our goal is to help our clients grow to their potential by providing business services that deliver results. We are looking for exceptional candidates who also want to grow to their potential and would like to be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial accounting firm.
If this describes the kind of firm you would like to join as an important team member, we invite you to apply.
Purdy Powers & Company is seeking a Senior Tax Associate for our Tax Group in the Portland office. The Tax Senior Associate will be responsible for an assigned group of clients in various industries and delivery of a full range of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of tax services including planning, research and compliance.
- Prepare and/or review tax returns for corporation, flow-though entities and individuals.
- Consult on a variety of tax issues and carry out the related research
- Proactively interact with key client management to make business and tax recommendations
- Supervise, train/develop and assess the performance of tax associates
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards
- Perform other accounting and tax compliance related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-plus years of accounting and tax experience with a public accounting firm
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Master’s of Science Degree in Taxation a plus
- CPA license a plus
- Strong tax compliance and accounting skills
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadline in a high-energy environment
- Leadership ability with a positive team player attitude
Highly competitive salary, 401(k) & Employer Contributed Retirement Plan, Health & Dental Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Life Insurance, LTD Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holiday Time, Personal Time and Paid Parking
Purdy Powers & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dana O. Dakers
Purdy Powers & Company
130 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Please apply by email or mail.
Bookmark the permalink.