Purdy Powers & Company is a leading accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Portland, Maine dedicated to serving the needs of mid-size companies. Our goal is to help our clients grow to their potential by providing business services that deliver results. We are looking for exceptional candidates who also want to grow to their potential and would like to be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial accounting firm.
If this describes the kind of firm you would like to join as an important team member, we invite you to apply.
Purdy Powers & Company is expanding their Accounting/Bookkeeping Department. We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper in the Portland office. The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for an assigned group of clients in various industries and delivery of a full range of accounting and bookkeeping services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for general bookkeeping and data entry of checks and deposits
- Process bank, credit card, and loan reconciliations monthly
- The Accounting Specialist will record monthly journal entries
- Record year end adjusting entries from tax return
- Responsible for recordkeeping of disposed of assets and record new asset purchases and loans
- Review of payroll and payroll tax calculations and recording of journal entry
- Preparation of sales tax report and online processing
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll reports and forms
- Preparation and review of monthly financial statements
- Communicate with clients regularly and conduct on-site meetings as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, Excel, Word and Outlook
- 2-3 years’ prior experience performing bookkeeping services in a CPA firm helpful
- Efficiency and ability to prioritize to meet due dates and deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize and track tasks
- Able to travel to multiple client location sites when needed
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadline in a high-energy environment
- Leadership ability with a positive team player attitude
Highly competitive salary, 401(k) & Employer Contributed Retirement Plan, Health & Dental Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Life Insurance, LTD Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holiday Time, Personal Time and Paid Parking
Purdy Powers & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Purdy Powers & Company
130 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Please send a cover letter and resume by email or mail, no phone calls please.